Saturday, February 20, 2010

Turkey Loaf

Made mini turkey loaves today. They turned out ok, I would make a few changes next time, but I'm happy overall with how they taste.




~1.38 lbs ground turkey
2.5 small apples, chopped small
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 onion, chopped small
garlic to taste
spices to taste
Mix everything together, load into mini loaf pans. Bake at 375 F for 80-90 minutes. Freeze uneaten loaves for later use.

As you can see from the alst picture, they are crumblier than I was hoping. I also used too much tomato sauce for my taste, and maybe too much broth. Next time I might grate some other random veggies in (carrots might add nice texture). I also though of cranberries, since turkey/apple/cranberry is a nice combonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment