Monday, February 15, 2010

Failed Weekend

I was out of town this whole weekend with my choir for a convention. All our food was provided, which was great financially (starving college student here), but a really epic fail as far as nutrition (and I never use that term). Olive Garden, burgers, pizza, and donuts for breakfast? ARG! I'm trying! I had some healthy snack food with me, which helped, but I can't really survive off snack food when I want a meal. And I don't have the self dicipline yet to turn down food that is actually being served to me.

By the end I felt like crap, physically and mentally.

But I had a good workout today, was able to really see some improvement in my front squat 5x max, so that was a positive.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just need to go with the flow. One failed weekend in the 52 you got each year is not so bad. That's only 2 % fail actually.
    I had brownie yesterday. It was my dad's birthday and a friend actually made fresh brownies that day... I took a wellconsidered decision to "sin" by eating them, hence I don't feel guilty.
    Any diet (=way of eating) will "fail" if you're too harsh on yourself.

    ReplyDelete