Sunday, February 24, 2013

Unease

I think I figured out partially why I'm uncomfortable when people say I'm beautiful. As I posted a few posts back, I don't get much male attention, therefore I don't see the evidence for me being attractive. Already gone over that. But I don't think I'm uneasy with the thought I might be beautiful simply because I'm not sure I believe it or I feel like people are stretching the truth or fooled; I think I'm partly scared that it might be true.

Because if it's true that I'm beautiful, then the lack of romantic attention throughout my life would have to be for another reason, and that would have to me a shitty personality or gaping character flaws. I know I have my share of insecurities and a penchant for the melancholy, with significant lazy and cynical streaks, but I've always thought of myself as bright, loyal, and funny. Could THAT be untrue?

That's even more worrisome, so I'm left to hope that the lacking is only with my physical appearance.

On that note, here are some pictures from a fun shoot a few weeks ago with Fleur de Lis Photography.








1 comment: